Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Have You Lost Federally-Issued Documents? Call Your U.S. Senator for Help

Lisa Autry

Senator Rand Paul’s office in Bowling Green is putting out the word that it can help Kentucky residents who have lost important federal documents during the recent severe weather.

Bobette Franklin, the Senator’s Director of Constituent Services, says residents often have to replace documents lost or damaged due to flooding and tornados.

“Military service records, a DD-214 that’s received when a service member leaves the service, other military records they may have, military service medals, and other things like social security cards. We know we’re in the middle of tax season,” says Franklin. “So if people have gotten information for their taxes, and those things have been lost, or misplaced, or damaged during this time, those are records that we can also assist in getting.”

Franklin says her office can also help replace passports. She adds that help in replacing such federal documents is provided by her office throughout the year, not just during weather emergencies.

Kentucky residents needing help with replacing damaged or lost federal documents can call Senator Paul’s office in Bowling Green at 270-782-8303.

Kevin is the News Director at WKU Public Radio. He has been with the station since 1999, and was previously the Assistant News Director, and also served as local host of Morning Edition.
Related Content