WKU Public Radio’s Public Service Announcements (PSAs) are part of our mission to serve our listeners and the community. The purpose of a PSA is to inform listeners in our service area of upcoming non-profit events and activities that are open to the public. PSAs are not intended for long-standing promotion of general information or ongoing activities.
All PSA submissions must comply with the following guidelines, and are subject to editing or dismissal:
- PSAs are reserved for any bone fide non-profit agency or organization within our geographic service area
- Submissions are restricted to publicizing an event that is open to the public with no admission fee
- Announcements must be applicable to the general public
- All potential PSAs must be submitted FOUR weeks prior to the event
- Each PSA must be 30 seconds in length (when read out loud)
- All submissions must comply with FCC non-commercial station regulations (i.e., no calls to action, qualitative language or mention of price – including “free”). WKU Public Radio will assist in complying with these rules.
WKU Public Radio cannot guarantee when or how often a PSA will run. No PSAs will be aired during “drive time” (6-8am or 4-6pm), and all announcements will be produced and voiced by WKU Public Radio announcers. Pre-produced PSAs are not accepted.
We ask that an organization only submit 3-4 PSA requests per year so we can serve as many non-profits as possible. We also recommend including your event on our Community Calendar, which is also open to community events and activities that do not meet the PSA requirements.
We do not air PSAs for religious or political activities, member’s only events, fundraisers, or events where there is an emphasis on “selling” or “bidding” including silent auctions, yard sales, bake sales, artist/craft markets or fairs.
Although PSAs are primarily intended to promote local events, select statewide, regional, national and/or international activities or information may be the subject of PSAs.
TO SUBMIT A PSA REQUEST, EMAIL THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO email@example.com (Please include “PSA Request” in the subject line.)
- Contact Person’s Name
- Phone Number and Email
- Organization Name, Tax Identification Number and organization website
- Event Title and Brief Description
- Event Location
- Event Date(s) and Time(s)
- Requested Script (30 seconds in length when read out loud)